Important Dates for the Class of 2020
April 18, 2020: Prom at The Hoffman House (time TBA)
May 3, 2020: Fine Arts Fair, 12:00-3:00 pm in the Main Gym and Wahl Library
May 4-15, 2020: AP exams (specific exam dates listed on Calendar)
May 12, 2020: Junior/Senior PE Semester Exams*
May 13, 2020: Senior Semester Exams* (periods 5, 6, 7)
May 14, 2020: Senior Semester Exams* (periods 3, 4)
May 15, 2020: Senior Semester Exams* (periods 1, 2)
May 18, 2020: Graduation practice, 8:00-10:30 am in Main Gym (mandatory) (senior locker clean-out to follow)
May 19, 2020: Graduation practice, 8:00-10:30 am in Main Gym (mandatory)
May 20, 2020: Graduation practice, 8:00 -10:30 am in Main Gym (mandatory)
May 21, 2020: Senior Awards Assembly, 1:30 pm in Main Gym
May 21, 2020: Baccalaureate Mass, 7:00 pm in Main Gym (Refreshments in the Bachrodt Center to follow Mass)
May 22, 2020: Graduation, 2:00 pm in Main Gym
*Senior students may be exempt from second-semester exams. See the Student Handbook for details http://www.boylan.org/handbook
- Be mindful of modesty as prom dresses are selected and purchased. Inappropriate attire will not be allowed at the dance.
- Attire details can be found at Guidelines for School Dances
In order for a senior to participate in the Awards Assembly, Baccalaureate and Graduation exercises, the following criteria must be met:
- All academic requirements must be successfully completed.
- The student must be in good standing according to the Boylan Discipline Code.
- All financial obligations must be fulfilled.
- The student must have fulfilled the retreat requirements.
- All Christian Service requirements must be fulfilled.
Graduation practice on May 18, 19, and 20 is MANDATORY. Make no plans for work, doctor's appointments, job interviews, etc. In case of an emergency, email Mr. Chris Rozanski.
Expectations for the Awards Assembly, Baccalaureate and Graduation:
- Boys: White shirt and tie, dress pants or nice slacks, dress shoes and socks. Clean-shaven with appropriate hair length. No earrings.
- Girls: Dress or skirt and blouse with dress shoes. No nose rings or other facial piercings.
- Sport shoes, sandals, clogs, and flip-flops are not allowed.
Students in the senior class will be asked what name they want printed on their diploma. This information will be collected and reviewed in November 2019 and sent to the printer later that same month.
Caps and Gowns
Families have already paid for caps and gowns at the beginning of the school year. Cap and gown measurements were taken in October. Caps, tassels, and gowns will be distributed during graduation practice. Tuition must be paid, books turned in, and athletic equipment returned in order to receive these items.
Tickets will be distributed during graduation practice in May. Tuition must be paid, books turned in, and athletic equipment returned in order to receive these items. The number of graduation tickets per senior is six. Limited handicap seating is available. Families can trade up to two of their tickets for handicap seating. Exchanges will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
A senior survey will be administered in the spring. Seniors will be asked to declare all scholarship offers they receive so that we may acknowledge these offers in the commencement program and tally the total offers for the Class of 2020. We encourage families to keep letters containing college scholarship offers as the necessary documentation for this program.